Nothing says weekend brunch more than a delicious Cinnamon Streusel Sour Cream Coffee Cake. This fluffy, scrumptious, gluten free version by King Arthur Flour is the perfect pairing for lazy Sunday mornings with family or lovely Sunday afternoons with friends. ✨☕️
Streusel Topping Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Gluten-Free Yellow Cake Mix
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans (walnuts or almonds are tasty as well)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease the bottoms of two 8″ by 8″ round pans.
- To make the streusel topping: Whisk together all the dry ingredients, mix in the melted butter, and continue to stir until the mixture forms crumbs.
- To make the cake: Whisk together the sour cream, oil, and eggs.
- Add the remaining cake mix, whisking until smooth.
- Pour half the batter into each of the prepared pans. Sprinkle one-fourth of the streusel atop each cake.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then sprinkle the remaining streusel over the cakes.
- Bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes, until cake is brown and the middle is firm to the touch.
- Remove the cakes from the oven, and let them cool in the pans for 10 minutes.
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar.
- Serve warm.